TMT bars are the most crucial factors in determining the durability and strength of the concrete structure. These bars form the basic structure of the building and are used widely for their earthquake-resistant quality. That’s why before buying TMT bars, ensure that you are buying from the best TMT bars manufacturers.
There are certain reasons that make TMT bars a crucial factor for any construction. Let’s take a look:
1. TMT bars ductile. These bars are available in many grades including Fe-415/500/550. Compared to conventional reinforcement bars, TMT bars are extremely strong. Higher the grade, better the strength. All the major construction projects in India use TMT bars. Before buying TMT bars check the list of best TMT bars companies in India and buy from them. SRMB is one of the best TMT bar companies in India and is famous for produce high-quality TMT bars. To check their products, visit https://www.srmbsteel.com/tmt-bars.
2. TMT bars are cost effective. This is because compared to conventional bar you can save about 20% of steel. Moreover, TMT bars give you 20% stronger structure with the same amount of steel. This helps in keeping your production costs low.
3. TMT bars are resistant to Fire. This is another exclusive quality of TMT bars. They can withstand extreme heat and that’s why they can survive any fire hazard. This is another reason why TMT bars are mostly preferred in the construction industry.
4. TMT Bars can withstand fatigue. This is another important quality and this is what makes TMT bars the best option for construction in earthquake-prone zones. TMT bars can absorb a huge amount of shock and have excellent bending and re-bending properties. The core of the TMT bars is softer and it has a strong outer core. This makes them withstanding high-degree of pressure.
5. TMT Bars are manufactured through a unique Tempcore technology. This makes the bars corrosion-resistant. TMT bars are exposed to moisture during construction projects and the anti-corrosion properties help prevent rusting. Conventional bars do not have this property and this makes them vulnerable to rusting.
6. TMT Bars have superior weldability. And that’s why the civil engineers and architects can design innovative structures using these bars without compromising the strength of the bar and the structure quality.
7. Unlike conventional bars, the steel rods are not twisted during the manufacturing process of the TMT bars. That’s the reason the TMT bars do not have any residual stress. This unique manufacturing technique gives them corrosion-resistant property.
8. High elongation power is another unique feature of the TMT bars. This is the quality to deform before the bar breaks. High elongation power protects the building from any damage during natural calamity such as an earthquake.
These unique features make TMT bars apt for any kind of construction. Before buying TMT bars, determine the grade that you’ll need for the construction. And do not forget to check the quality of the bar before buying.