The basic framework of a building decides its strength. And TMT bars are the most important components that give structural strength to a building. This is the reason why TMT steel bars are mostly preferred for building earthquake-resistant structure. Here are some facts about TMT bars:
1. TMT Steel bars are fire resistant. They can withstand extreme heat and that’s why it’s highly preferred in the construction industry.
2. TMT steel bars are fatigue resistant. These bars can withstand extreme pressure and absorb shock. These bars have good bending and re-bending properties. TMT bars have a soft ferrite-pearlite core and a strong exterior. The soft core allows it to bend a bit under pressure while the strong outer core brings its back to its former shape. This quality makes them capable of resisting extreme pressure and seismic shock. There are a number of TMT bar manufacturers in the country. Among all, SRMB is considered one of the leading TMT steel bar manufacturers. To browse their products, visit https://www.srmbsteel.com/tmt-bars.
3. TMT Bars have excellent weldability. With high weldability, architects, and civil engineers can create futuristic structures and designs and that too without affecting the bar’s strength and the quality of the structure.
4. TMT bars have superior elongation power. This quality is defined by the ability of the TMT bar to deform before it breaks. Higher elongation power decreases the chances of greater damage to the structure. This quality is specific to TMT bars and makes them the best material for safeguarding the building from damages in earthquake-prone zones.
5. These are economic options. Yes. Compared to ordinary steel bars, TMT bars give you 20% stronger structure with the same amount of steel. As a result, the production cost of TMT bars is lower than conventional steel bars.
6. TMT bars are ductile. These bars available in many grades including Fe-415, Fe- 500 and 550. Higher grades mean superior strength. That’s the reason why major construction projects go for high-grade TMT bars.
7. These bars have great weldability. And this quality makes it possible for the architects and civil engineers to create innovative structures and designs. This doesn’t affect the strength and quality of the bar and the quality of the structure.
8. TMT bars have a unique manufacturing process. During the manufacturing process, the bars are chemically treated to make them resistant to corrosion and rust.